You know, you don’t find me boasting about myself (unless I’m showing off a logo!) I’m quite modest when it comes to receiving praise and don’t do the ‘I am, I can’ on Twitter and other Social Media platforms.. but I felt I needed to write a blog post about my achievements.
Well, as a Virtual Business, a lot of my time is spent working in the office for long periods of time, alone, and quite often, it’s easy to lose sight of what I’ve achieved and how I’ve achieved them.
It wasn’t until I went to my son’s assembly this week that I sat up and thought ‘ my god look at me, where am I’ and I felt so proud, for the first time in a long time! possibly since I’ve started my business..
So for those of you struggling, either financially, with confidence or just finding it hard to get motivated.. sit back, listen to this song.. whether you like it or not, focus on the words and the message it gives…(my son sings this in assembly every Friday and they call it their ‘Proud’ song)
So what do I feel proud of?
- > I’ve built a mature client base from Twitter and word of mouth alone
- > I don’t actively network in groups
- > I don’t advertise or actively promote my services
- > I’ve battled depression (twice)
- > I gave birth to two amazing boys – and almost died twice
- > I’m a good wife (well I think so lol)
- > I’ve been in business 3 years and doubled the turnover each year
So tell me, what have YOU done to make YOU feel proud?