If you’ve been following me on Facebook and reading my newsletters, then you know I’ve been concentrating really hard on mastering Facebook. There’s been massive changes since the end of 2013 and quite frankly, most businesses just DON’T GET IT.
They know they need to be on there, it’s where their customers are, they’re posting and the message is going into a big black hole of no where.
No comments, likes and no reach. So they stop posting, because it’s bringing in no customers, nothing. What a waste of time they begin to think.
If you’re reading this and nodding then read on. I’m going to explain what it all means and give you some tips on how to make it work for YOU.
First of all, did you know only 16% of your posts reach your fans timelines? that’s right! so if you have 100 likes on your page, only 16 people will see your posts on their timeline. Further more, it’s drilled down into how they interact with you on your page.
So, let’s say you have one person on your page who LOVES posters and they always like and share your posters, Facebook knows that they love your posters, and that’s all they get. So when you put a text post, they won’t see that, because they never like your text post.
It works the other way too, if you ask a question on Facebook and you always have one who answers or likes your post, then all they get is the text post in their timeline. They don’t see the rest.
Facebook is clever like that. I know we moan about how many people get to see our posts, BUT if Facebook lets all of our content through, and all of everyone else’s content through, it would be one massive noisy place, overwhelmed by businesses is! I don’t want that, do you?
This is why you need to make sure your content is brilliant! you need to make sure your content is of such quality that your fans want to share it, comment on it, like it! This way, you’re guaranteed to have interaction each time you post.
No one wants to know if you’re going to have a cheese sandwich of lunch… ‘oh lunch time, I’m having a cheese sandwich’ SO WHAT! Think outside of the box. How can you make that cheese sandwich funny? take a picture? give it a funny caption? if you can’t make it a post that people want to comment on or share, don’t post it! People will get bored, won’t interact and then they won’t see your posts in their timeline.
If you want to grow your fan base and increase your likes, you are going to need to have posts to your page that are interesting and keep your visitors wanting to return. Here are 7 tips to create Facebook posts that are engaging & to create a solid foundation to making money via your Facebook page.
#1 Use Copy, Images and Videos That Are Engaging
- Photos and videos that are media rich will get attention and they will help your message be more noticeable on a News feed.
- Lifestyle and inspirational images are always engaging. Smart Page owners are quick to take advantage of these images, because they understand they do not have to be relevant to the product/service you offer to be relevant to your fans. These fans will then share these posts with their friends and that provides you with more reach and another opportunity to grow your ‘Likes.’
- Share images/photos of your products with your customers enjoying them.
- The best posts are between 100 and 250 characters, short and to the point gets the most attention.
#2 Share and Promote Discounts and Promotions That are Exclusive
- Offer your visitors a really good perk or deal to keep them interested. You can increase your sales and increase your followers with this technique.
- Buy 1 get 1 free seems to be a very popular promotion and so is when you are giving things away for free.
- To increase your visitors engagement, make sure that you have a clear call to action.
#3 Ask questions
- Ask conundrum questions, If, what, why & when questions are good!
- Ask for captions to your pictures
- Fill in the blanks always gets people commenting i.e If I had a an extra £5k a month I would ________
#4 Suitability and Timeliness
- When your posts are related to what they are thinking about at the time, such as holidays or a current sporting event, your audience is much more likely to engage
- Timeliness in replying to any posts that have a comment on them is also important. The faster you are to replying to your fans the more likely that they will continue to engage you.
#5 Drive Traffic to Your Website With Links
- Link posts have an area that’s larger now and it helps people to find your website, thereby increasing your traffic.
- Use link posts to drive people to your website
- Link posts now have a larger, clickable area that helps drive people to your website. Take the title, image and description, which comes from the URL, and customise it.
#6 Strategic Sharing
- Ask other page owners if they would like to partner with you and share posts in return for you sharing theirs.
- Look for pages with a larger audience than yours to benefit your page
#7 Build your list!
- Offer your fans something of value to get them onto your list
- Get to know your fans and your ideal customers, you know what they want so offer them something they can’t refuse
- Don’t just post meaningless posts, you won’t get business that way, you need to get them onto your list
Put these 7 tips into play and watch your fans grow.