I’d say that Facebook is right now, probably the most popular and most widely used social media site to date. As of 23rd October 2015, Facebook is recorded to already have 1.19 billion monthly active users, 874 million mobile users, and 728 million daily users across the world.
By using Facebook as a business tool, you can have access to these users.
Getting Started With Facebook
Setting Up A Page
If you are using Facebook to promote a business, brand name, or a company, then you should create a page instead of a personal account. A page can be set as any of following:
- Local business or place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band, or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
From the Facebook homepage, here is where you will find the button that will take you to the group sign up page:
So how is a page different from a personal account? With it, you will not be able to add friends the same way as a personal account can. This means, there will not be a friend list that will show up.
Instead, people can simply ‘Like’ your page and become subscriber.
A page is preferred when using Facebook to promote a business, company group, organisation, and similar things.
Activating All Features of Your Page
In the beginning, you are not given full access to all the features of Facebook group page. To activate all features of the page, you have to gather 25 likes from other users. It may seem a little daunting, but there are ways to get this done easily.
Here are some:
1) Ask help from all your friends and family members. It is likely that you know a lot of people who also have a personal Facebook account. Tell them to like your company’s Facebook page.
2) If your company works with a lot of employee,s you can ask them to like the company page.
3) Advertise your page using Facebook Ads.
4) Like other groups so your profile will appear on their pages. This way, people will find out about you and hopefully, they will like your page too.
5) Sometimes, if you ‘Liked’ a page, the owner of that page will ‘Like’ you back.
And these are just some of the things that you can do to get your first 25 likes. This is important to activate all features of your group account. Get this done before you proceed with the rest.